For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, will be limited. Select races will be covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Nebraska Casino Definition and Authorization, Amendment 3 (2004)
|Voting on Gambling|
|Not on ballot|
The Nebraska Casino Definition and Authorization Amendment, also known as Amendment 3, was a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment on the November 2, 2004 ballot in Nebraska, where it was defeated.
|Amendment 3 (Casino Definition and Authorization)|
Official results via: Nebraska Blue Book 2008-09 (p.263)
Text of measure
The language appeared on the ballot as:
- A vote FOR this proposal will define casino gaming and permit the Legislature to authorize, regulate, and tax casino gaming at no more than two casino locations. This Legislative authorization is subject to approval by the voters of the county in which a casino is to be located.
- A vote AGAINST this proposal will not add casino gaming language to the Nebraska Constitution.
- A constitutional amendment to define casino gaming and to permit the Legislature to authorize up to two casino locations subject to approval by voters in the affected counties and provide for the authorization, operation, regulation, and taxation of casino gaming. (LR 209 CA)
- Nebraska Secretary of the State 2004 Amendment Results
- Nebraska Blue Book 2004-05
- Nebraska Blue Book 2008-09
- Text of 2004 Proposed Amendments
State of Nebraska
List of Nebraska ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Commissioner of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Nebraska Public Service Commission |