Nebraska Detachment Initiative, 2010
|Not on Ballot|
| This measure did not or |
will not appear on a ballot
According to the Statement of Object filed with the Nebraska Secretary of State, the initiative’s purpose was to pass a law that would provide procedures for petition and election for detachment and reestablishment of an annexed city or village. Nebraska residents Aimee Earl, Tom Fencl, Jason Fuller, Joey Gazda, Beau McCoy, Rex Moats, Lori Ponec, Stephen Shetlar and Venita Spiera were listed as sponsors of the initiative
Text of measure
According to the text of the measure filed with the Nebraska Secretary of State, the summary read:
- FOR AN ACT relating to cities, villages, municipal counties, and annexed cities and villages; to provide petition and election procedures for detachment and reestablishment of an annexed city or village; and to provide powers and duties relating to such petition and election procedures.
- Be it enacted by the people of the State of Nebraska.
The full text of the measure can be read here.
Path to the ballot
Petition circulators had until the July 2, 2010 petition drive deadline to turn in the approximately 80,992 signatures needed to place the measure on the ballot, since the proposed measure was a citizen-initiated state statute. Signatures from initiative sponsors must have turned in signatures directly to the Nebraska Secretary of State's office. However, no signatures were filed, according to the Secretary of State's office.
- Nebraska 2010 ballot measures
- 2010 ballot measures
- Nebraska Senate
- Nebraska House of Representatives
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Nebraska
- Nebraska signature requirements