Nebraska Gambling Laws by Initiatives Amendment, Measure 417 (2004)
|Voting on Gambling|
|Not on ballot|
|Initiative Measure 417 (Gambling Laws by Initiative Measure)|
Official results via: Nebraska Blue Book 2008-09 (p.266)
Text of measure
The language that appeared on the ballot:
- A vote "FOR" will amend the Nebraska Constitution to provide that the people may enact laws by initiative measure to provide for the authorization, operation, regulation, and taxation of all forms of games of chance.
- A vote "AGAINST" will not cause the Nebraska Constitution to be amended in such manner.
- Shall the Nebraska Constitution be amended to provide that the people may enact laws by initiative measure to provide for the authorization, operation, regulation, and taxation of all forms of games of chance?
The measure was sponsored by a pro-gambling organization calling itself Keep the Money in Nebraska. The same group sponsored three other initiatives in 2004:
- Nebraska 2/3 Legislative Majority to Modify Initiatives Amendment, Measure 418 (2004)
- Nebraska Gambling Tax, Measure 419 (2004)
- Nebraska Gaming Commission and Casino Regulation, Measure 420 (2004).
- Nebraska Secretary of the State 2004 Initiative Measure Results
- Nebraska Blue Book 2004-05
- Nebraska Blue Book 2008-09
- Informational Pamphlet on Initiative Measures Appearing on the 2004 General Election ballot]
|state ballot measure article is a stub. You can help people learn by expanding it.|
State of Nebraska
List of Nebraska ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Commissioner of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Nebraska Public Service Commission |