Nebraska Gambling Tax, Measure 419 (2004)
|Voting on Gambling|
|Not on ballot|
|Initiative Measure 419 (Gambling Tax)|
Official results via: Nebraska Blue Book 2008-09 (p.266)
Text of measure
The language that appeared on the ballot:
- A vote "FOR" will enact a statute which: (1) establishes an annual tax on gross gaming revenue generated at permitted locations (defined as locations where authorized operators operate games of chance, including casinos, strategic premises, racetracks, and on-premises establishments) of 36% of the first $15 million of gross gaming revenue and 20% of gross gaming revenue in excess of $15 million; (2) distributes 75% of gaming tax revenues from casinos to the State General Fund and 25% to the community authorizing such casino gaming; (3) distributes 25% of gaming tax revenues at other permitted locations to the State General Fund and 75% to the authorizing community or communities, pro rata; and (4) establishes an annual gaming license fee of $100 on each operator per permitted location.
- A vote "AGAINST" will not cause such a statute to be enacted.
- Shall a statute be enacted which: (1) establishes an annual tax on gross gaming revenue generated at permitted locations of 36% of the first $15 million and 20% of gross gaming revenue exceeding $15 million; (2) distributes 75% of gaming tax revenues from casinos to the State and 25% to the community authorizing such gaming; (3) distributes 25% of gaming tax revenues at other permitted locations to the State and 75% to the authorizing community or communities; (4) establishes a $100 annual gaming license fee on each operator per permitted location?
The measure was sponsored by a pro-gambling organization calling itself Keep the Money in Nebraska. The same group sponsored three other initiatives in 2004:
- Nebraska Gambling Laws by Initiatives Amendment, Measure 417 (2004)
- Nebraska 2/3 Legislative Majority to Modify Initiatives Amendment, Measure 418 (2004)
- Nebraska Gaming Commission and Casino Regulation, Measure 420 (2004).
- Nebraska Secretary of the State 2004 Initiative Measure Results
- Nebraska Blue Book 2004-05
- Nebraska Blue Book 2008-09
- Informational Pamphlet on Initiative Measures Appearing on the 2004 General Election ballot]
State of Nebraska
List of Nebraska ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Commissioner of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Nebraska Public Service Commission |