Nebraska Legislature Public Office Restriction, Amendment 5 (2000)
The Nebraska Legislature Public Office Restriction Amendment, also known as Amendment 5, was a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment on the November 7, 2000 election ballot in Nebraska, where it was approved.
Official results via: Nebraska Blue Book 2008-09 (p.263)
Text of measure
The language that appeared on the ballot:
- A vote FOR this proposal (which will amend section 9 of Article III of the State Constitution – The Legislative Power Article) will provide that a member of the Legislature elected to any other state or local office prior to the end of the member’s legislative term shall resign from the Legislature before the start of the legislative session during which the term of the other state or local office will begin, except as otherwise provided by law.
- A vote AGAINST this proposal will not require such resignation of a member of the Legislature if elected to another state or local office.
- A constitutional amendment to require the resignation of members of the Legislature elected to other state or local offices except as otherwise provided by law.
- 2000 Sample Ballot
- Nebraska Blue Book 2008-09
- 2000 Election Results
- Informational pamphlet from Nebraska SOS
State of Nebraska
List of Nebraska ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Commissioner of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Nebraska Public Service Commission |