Nebraska elections, 2013
Nebraska election information for 2013 is listed below.
|On the 2013 ballot|
Exceptions include special elections.
Find current election news and links here.
Voting in Nebraska
- See also: Voting in Nebraska
Important voting information
- Nebraska uses a closed primary system, meaning voters must register with a party to be able to vote in their primary election.
- Registration forms returned in person must be received by the second Friday preceding the election. Applications returned by mail must be mailed and postmarked by the 3rd Friday preceding the election (18 days prior).
- As of August 2014, Nebraska is one of the 35 states that have not implemented online voter registration.
- See also: Absentee voting by state
For information about eligibility, deadlines, military and overseas voting and updates to the voting laws in Nebraska, please visit our absentee voting by state page.
- See also: Early voting
Nebraska is one of 34 states that has early voting with no specific requirements as to who can vote early. Thirty days before Election Day is the first day early voting ballots are available to vote at a county office. Ballot are sent to non-military stateside applicants 35 days before the election. The average number of days prior to an election that voters can cast an early ballot is 21 days in states with a definitive starting date.
Elections Performance Index
Nebraska ranked 40th out of the 50 states and District of Columbia in the Pew Charitable Trusts' Elections Performance Index (EPI), based on the 2012 elections. The EPI examines election administration performance and assigns an average percentage score based on 17 indicators of election performance. These indicators were chosen to in order to determine both the convenience and integrity of these three phases of an election: registration, voting and counting. Nebraska received an overall score of 58%.
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- Pew Charitable Trusts, "Election Performance Index Report," accessed April 23, 2014
State of Nebraska
List of Nebraska ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Commissioner of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Nebraska Public Service Commission |