Neil Anderson (Idaho)
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Idaho House of Representatives District 31A|
|December 1, 2012-Present|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||$122/day outside Boise, $49/day otherwise|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Idaho State House of Representatives|
|Bachelor's||Idaho State University|
|Birthday||February 21, 1947|
|Place of birth||Rexburg, ID|
|Profession||Investor and Rancher|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Anderson served on the following committees:
|Idaho Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Commerce and Human Resources, Vice Chair|
|• Environment, Energy, and Technology|
|• Revenue and Taxation|
Elections for the office of Idaho House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 20, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Incumbent Neil A. Anderson was unopposed in the Republican primary and is unchallenged in the general election.
Anderson won election in the 2012 election for Idaho House of Representatives District 31A. He defeated Robert Butler, Mike Duff and R. David Moore in the Republican primary on May 15, 2012, and defeated Barbara Ann Clark (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 31A, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Neil A. Anderson||72.6%||12,414|
|Democratic||Barbara Ann Clark||27.4%||4,681|
|Idaho House of Representatives District 31A Republican Primary, 2012|
|Neil A. Anderson||39.8%||2,497|
|R. David Moore||22.4%||1,408|
|Robert B. Butler||20.2%||1,268|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
Idaho Freedom Index
The Idaho Freedom Foundation, an Idaho-based, nonprofit educational research institute, released its "Idaho Freedom Index" in 2013. The index intended to show how Idaho legislators voted on the principles the Foundation seeks to promote. It measured each state legislator based on two tiers, which include whether legislators voted for or against bills that would create or eliminate government agencies, programs, and regulations, and bills that would impact the free market in a positive or negative way. Scores ranged from the highest possible score for members of the state Senate (194 points) and for members of the state House (180 points). A higher score indicated that the legislator voted more in favor of the values supported by the Foundation. Anderson received a score of -30 points in the 2013 index, ranking 47th out of 70 members of the Idaho House of Representatives that were evaluated for the study.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Neil + Anderson + Idaho + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Idaho House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Idaho State Legislature
- Idaho state legislative districts
- Campaign Website
- Rep. Anderson's website
- Profile from Open States
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Anderson's "Political Courage Test" responses
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 12, 2014
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed July 7, 2014
- Idaho Secretary of State, "2012 primary election results," accessed May 15, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Primary Candidate List," accessed April 12, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State Election Division, "May 15, 2012 Primary Election Results," accessed 6 July 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State – Elections Division, "November 6, 2012 General Election Results," accessed December 27, 2012
- Idaho Freedom Foundation, "2013 Freedom Index," accessed August 19, 2013
Marc Gibbs (R)
|Idaho House of Representatives District 31A
| Succeeded by|