Neil Anderson (Illinois)
|Illinois House of Representatives District 72|
|Bachelor's||University of Nebraska-Lincoln|
Anderson earned his bachelor's degree in general studies from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. He is currently a firefighter for the Moline Fire Department.
Anderson listed the following campaign issues in a bio submission to Ballotpedia:
- Repeal the 2011 Tax Hike - "I am committed to repealing the excessive and unwarranted 67% Personal Income Tax Hike that was imposed on the residents of Illinois. By repealing the Tax Hike, Illinois Residents will be able to keep more of their hard earned income, that is so needed during these uncertain economic times."
- Jobs - "We need to create a positive environment for businesses and employers, and stop chasing them out of the State with unnecessary taxes and regulations. We need to give employers more of an incentive to do business in Illinois. The 2011 Tax Hike failed to do what was promised. In fact, it has driven businesses and workers out of the state. Illinois currently has the highest worst unemployment in the nation while 46 other states in the nation have lowered their unemployment in 2011."
- Pro Life/Pro Family - "I believe that life begins at conception, and that life is precious. Families are the core of our society. In Springfield I will be the voice for the unborn, but also a compassionate advocate for alternative options for those faced with these difficult decisions."
- Public Service - "Career politicians are ruining our state. It's time for a fresh face, new ideas and a transparent, common sense voice in Springfield. Politicians should be servants of the people. As State Representative, I will represent the people, and will not be bought by special interests groups. By leading through example in restoring the intended role of the Statesman, I will not accept the Pension or Healthcare benefits of the position. "
- Fiscal Responsibility - "We need to stop hemorrhaging money and get our state out of debt, and stop job-killing tax increases. As individuals and families, we all must make decisions based on our income and spending. We are unable to continue spending money that we do not have. We need to focus on a balance budget and transparency."
- Gun Rights - "Illinois is the only State in the Union that does not have a path for Law abiding citizens to legally carry a weapon for self defense. The 2nd Amendment is of the Constitution is clear about our Right to Bear Arms. As a State Representative, I pledge to support measures that protect this fundamental right of American Citizens."
Anderson ran in the 2012 election for Illinois House of Representatives District 72. Anderson defeated Jonathan Wallace in the March 20 Republican primary and was defeated by incumbent Patrick J. Verschoore (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 72, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Patrick J. Verschoore Incumbent||64.3%||28,675|
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 72 Republican Primary, 2012|
Anderson and his wife, Brandi, live in Rock Island and have one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Neil + Anderson + Illinois + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- School district scanned kids' eyes without parents' consent - Daily Caller
- North Carolina's state education boss wants to exempt teachers from income tax - Daily Caller
- Let's Make Some Campaign Ads! - Daily Caller
- Recall of Colorado gun controller gets enough signatures - Daily Caller
- Gomez: I told McCain he should have left office by now - Daily Caller
- 'The largest Tea Party protest since 2010 is tomorrow' - Daily Caller
- Ayers: Obama gets a 'failing grade' as president - Daily Caller
- The Orange Couch Does Mad Men: S6E12, ?The Quality of Mercy? - Raw Story
- The Search for the Magic Fig Leaf - Daily Caller
- 10 beautiful private islands you wish you could afford [SLIDESHOW - Daily Caller]
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Campaign website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Neil Anderson for Illinois State Rep. 72nd District Facebook page
- Twitter feed
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |
Freedom of Information Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Sunshinereview:Illinois school districts A - L |
Sunshinereview:Illinois school districts M - Z |