Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Michigan House of Representatives District 43|
|High school||Avondale High School, 1965|
|Associate's||Business Management, Oakland University, 1973|
|Profession||Retired manager/auto worker/landscaper/restaurant owner|
Billington is currently semi-retired, and small business owner of a Landscape Company. Billington worked at General Motors Truck and Bus for over 28 years before retiring in July 1992 in a management position. He also served as a UAW Shop Committee Leader for 6 years and Zone Man for 12 years. He also worked as a Builder for Pat Ray and Associates, owned and operated Bloomfield Suburban Landscaping Company and partnership of a Rochester Hills fast food restaurant.
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on August 5, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Neil Billington, Robin McGregor and Dennis Ritter face off in the Democratic primary. Five candidates face off in the Republican primary.
Billington ran in the 2012 election for Michigan House of Representatives District 43. He ran unopposed in the August 7 Democratic primary and was defeated by incumbent Gail Haines (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 43, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Gail Haines Incumbent||65.7%||31,510|
Billington was a Republican candidate for District 43 in the Michigan House of Representatives in the November 2, 2010, state legislative elections. Billington was defeated in the Republican primary on August 3, 2010.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Neil + Billington + Michigan + House "
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 43
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Committee to Elect Neil Billington, "Biography," accessed August 6, 2012
- Vote MI, "Biographical Profile for Neil Billington," accessed August 6, 2012
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2012 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed August 6, 2012
- Michigan Secretary of State, Official 2010 Primary Election Results - 43rd District State Representative, accessed August 6, 2012
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |