|Utah House of Representatives District 9|
|Utah House of Representatives|
Neil Hansen was a 2012 Democratic candidate for District 9 of the Utah House of Representatives. He was a Democratic member of the Utah House of Representatives, representing District 9. He was defeated in the November 2, 2010, general election.
Hansen has served as a member of the Weber County Democrat Executive Committee and as Chair of the Senate District #18 division of the Weber County Democrats. He was a candidate for Weber County Recorder in 1990 and 1994 but was not elected either time. He was also a candidate for the Weber County Commission in 1996 but was again not elected. Hansen was Leader/Treasurer of the Weber County Democratic Party from 1991 to 1999. He was also a delegate at the Democratic National Convention in 1992, 1996, and 2000. He joined the Utah State House of Representatives in 1999 and represented District 9 until 2011.
Hansen worked for Wintle Construction from 1977 to 1978. He then worked for Golden State Casting from 1980 to 1981. He has been a Heavy Equipment Operator for the Ogden City Water Department since 1981. He is currently self-employed as well.
Hansen attended Weber State University, Ogden-Weber Applied Technology College, and Davis Applied Technology College.
Hansen's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"To attract the kind of jobs and economic growth we want, Utah should play to its strengths; an honest, hardworking population; unique programs where we can partner education with specific business needs; a healthy environment with attractive recreational options."
- Excerpt:"In Utah, quality Education is not so much a question of funding, but a test of our resolve and tenacity. In decades past, Utah made the decision to have one of the best education systems in the United States."
Hansen ran for election in the 2012 election for Utah House of Representatives District 9. Hansen defeated Ron Atencio in the Democratic convention and was defeated by incumbent Jeremy Peterson (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Utah House of Representatives, District 9, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Jeremy Peterson Incumbent||60.1%||5,079|
Hansen raised $12,310 for his campaign while Peterson raised $21,424.
|Utah State House of Representatives, District 9 (2008)|
|Neil A. Hansen (D)||2,446||56.8%|
|Jeremy Peterson (R)||1,863||43.2%|
Hansen raised $12,310 for the 2008 election.
His major contributors are listed below.
|Committee to Elect Neil Hansen||$1,000|
Hansen and his wife, Debbie, have eight children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Neil + Hansen + Utah + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
|Utah House of Representatives District 9
| Succeeded by|