|North Carolina House of Representatives District 91|
|North Carolina House of Representatives District 65|
|Bachelor's||University of South Carolina|
|Birthday||March 29, 1937|
Cole was a member of the North Carolina House of Representatives. He represented District 65 from 1997-2011. He also served as a representative from 1993 to 1994.
Cole received his Bachelor of Science degree from the University of South Carolina in 1962. He worked as an automotive industry executive from 1962 to 1980, and has been an auto dealer since 1980.
Cole served on the following committees:
- Subcommittee on Transportation
- Commerce, Small Business, and Entrepreneurship Committee, North Carolina House
- Insurance Committee, North Carolina House
- Public Utilities Committee, North Carolina House
- Transportation Committee, North Carolina House
- Wildlife Resources Committee, North Carolina House
Cole ran in the 2012 election for North Carolina House of Representatives District 91. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on May 8, 2012. Cole was defeated by Holloway in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 91, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Bryan Holloway Incumbent||61%||22,417|
|North Carolina House of Representatives, General Election Results, District 65 (2010)|
|Bert Jones (I)||9,628||56.01%|
|Nelson Cole (D)||7,561||43.99%|
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 65|
|Nelson Cole (D)||20,495|
In 2008, Cole collected $93,985 in donations.
These were the largest contributors in 2008.
|NORTH CAROLINA AUTO DEALERS ASSOCIATION||$9,000|
|NORTH CAROLINA MEDICAL SOCIETY||$4,000|
|NORTH CAROLINA FARM BUREAU||$4,000|
|NORTH CAROLINA ASSOCIATION OF RURAL ELECTRIC COOPERATIVES||$3,500|
|CITIZENS FOR HIGHER EDUCATION||$3,000|
Cole is married to his wife, Libby.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Nelson + Cole + North Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Fire's Bid For NCCAA Title Falls Just Short - The Ledger
- Pop and Jazz Music - New York Times
- Jamestown rally draws opponents of GOP education reform - Greensboro News & Record
- Joe Scarborough Blows Up At David Axelrod Over AP (VIDEO) - Huffington Post - Huffington Post
- Peavey-Calnon - The Wilson Times (subscription)
- Greensboro's hidden petroleum highways - Greensboro News & Record
- Mock finish - Cincinnati Bengals - Bengals.com
- Columbia Star - Columbia Star
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1996
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |
Public Records Law | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |