Nevada 2012 ballot measures
- The petition drive deadline for ballot initiatives seeking ballot access in 2012 was November 9, 2010 for initiated state statutes and June 15, 2010 for initiated constitutional amendments. The signature requirement for indirect initiated state statutes and initiated constitutional amendments was 71,653.
- The 2011 regular session ended on June 6.
- Two measures were taken off of the ballot after one measure was struck due to litigation, and the competing measure was therefore struck from the ballot as well.
On the ballot
The following measure was on the 2012 ballot in Nevada:
|Question 1||State legislatures measures||Would provide that the Legislature convene a special legislative session upon a petition signed by 2/3 of each chamber.|
Not on the ballot
The following measures did not appear on the ballot:
|CISS||Immigration Reform Initiative||Immigration||Authorize police to question immigration status if there are suspicions that they are illegal immigrants|
|IndISS||Charitable Lotteries Initiative||Gambling||Enables Charity Partners to conduct fundraising online - globally|
|IndISS||Public Office and Issues Secret Ballot Amendment||Elections||Protects the right to secret ballots for public office and on public issues.|
|IndISS||Secret Ballot Amendment||Labor||Protects the right to secret ballots in union representation elections|
|CISS||Marijuana Initiative||Marijuana||proposes the taxation and regulation of marijuana|
|IndISS||Bargaining Initiative||Labor||Would make negotiations between local governments and employee associations public|
|Casino Tax Amendment||Taxes||Would raise casino taxes in the state.|
|Mining Tax Cap Amendment||Taxes||Would place a mine tax cap in the state constitution.|
|Personhood Amendment||Abortion||Would recognize the personhood of the unborn from the earliest stages of life|
|IndISS||Harrah's Sports Arena Initiative||Gambling||Would allow for a 20,000-seat sports arena on the Las Vegas Strip.|
|LRSS||Special Tax District Ban Measure||Taxes||Would prohibit special tax districts in the state.|
Local ballot measures
- See also: Local ballot measure elections in 2012
No local measures have been identified for 2012. Read about local happenings here.
- Nevada Secretary of State web site (dead link)
- Secretary of State's web page on current Initiatives & Referenda