Nevada Fund Education First, Question 1 (2006)
This was the second required vote of the proposed amendment. The first passed in 2004.
|Question 1 (Fund Education First)|
Official results via: Nevada Legislative Counsel Bureau - Research Division
Text of measure
The question as it appeared on the ballot:
- Shall the Nevada Constitution be amended to require the Nevada Legislature to fund the operation of the public schools for kindergarten through grade 12 before funding any other part of the state budget for the next biennium?
The language that appeared in the voter's guide:
- The proposed amendment, if passed, would create five new sections to Section 6 of Article 11 of the Nevada Constitution. The amendment would provide that during a regular session of the Legislature, before any appropriation is enacted to fund a portion of the state budget, the Legislature must appropriate sufficient funds for the operation of Nevada’s public schools for kindergarten through grade 12 for the next biennium, and that any appropriation in violation of this requirement is void. The appropriation requirement also applies to certain special sessions of the Legislature.
- List of Nevada ballot measures
- Nevada 2006 ballot measures
- 2006 ballot measures
- Nevada Public School Funding, Question 1 (2004)
- Ballot Question Guide with Election Results
- Election results for Nevada 2006 ballot measures
- Nevada Voter Guide for 2006 ballot measures
State of Nevada
Carson City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Controller | State Treasurer | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Conservation and Natural Resources | Director of Employment, Training and Rehabilitation | Chairman of Public Utilities Commission |