Nevada lieutenant gubernatorial election, 2014
June 10, 2014
November 4, 2014
Governor • Lieutenant Governor • Secretary of State • Attorney General
Nevada has a closed primary system, in which the selection of a party's candidates in a primary election is limited to registered members of that party.
Note: The following list of candidates is not official and will continue to be updated until the 2014 candidate filing deadline. Candidates will be added as we come across them prior to the deadline. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.
Many politicians looking ahead say that this 2014 Nevada lieutenant gubernatorial race is one of the more important elections in the history of this position. In the past, only seven of the thirty-four former lieutenant governors have moved into the top position of governor, but depending on who wins this election, that person may have a bigger change at becoming the eighth. In 2016, Harry Reid, the Senate Majority Leader, will be running for re-election, and Brian Sandoval, who already has announced his run for re-election of Governor of Nevada in the 2014 election will more than likely be encouraged to run against Reid in 2016 if he wins the gubernatorial election, which is looking favorable. Sandoval will be more likely to run for the new position if a fellow Republican holds the lieutenant governor's seat as that person will take over the Governor's office as stated in Article 5, Section 18 of the Nevada Constitution addressing vacancies.
- Lieutenant Governor of Nevada
- Nevada state executive official elections, 2014
- State executive official elections, 2014
- News 4, Hutchison to run for Nevada lieutenant governor, July 8, 2013
- Mohave Daily News, Lowden to Run for Office, August 5, 2013
- Nevada Secretary of State, 2014 Filed Candidates, Accessed March 17, 2014
- RGJ, Democrats' lieutenant governor candidate Flores is young and ambitious; Is her goal to become first Latina governor of Nevada? February 20, 2014
- Washington Post, The most important race you’ve never heard of, August 21, 2013
State of Nevada
Carson City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Controller | State Treasurer | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Conservation and Natural Resources | Director of Employment, Training and Rehabilitation | Chairman of Public Utilities Commission |