New Hampshire Commissioner of Agriculture
|New Hampshire Commissioner of Agriculture|
|Office website:||Official Link|
|2013 FY Budget:||$4,925,742|
|Length of term:||5 years|
|Authority:||New Hampshire Statutes, Title XL, Chapter 425, Section 425:1|
|Selection Method:||Appointed by Governor|
|Assumed office:||December 6, 2007|
|Other New Hampshire Executive Offices|
|Governor • Secretary of State • Attorney General • Treasurer • Commissioner of Education • Agriculture Commissioner • Insurance Commissioner • Labor Commissioner • Director of Fish & Game • Public Utilities Commission|
Per Title XL, Chapter 425, Section 425:1 of the New Hampshire Statutes:
There is hereby established a department of agriculture, markets, and food, an agency of the state under the executive direction of a commissioner of agriculture, markets, and food.
Per Title XL, Chapter 425, Section 425:3 of the New Hampshire Statutes, "The commissioner of agriculture, markets, and food shall be qualified by reasons of professional competence, education, and experience."
Per Title XL, Chapter 425, Section 425:3 of the New Hampshire Statutes, the governor, with consent of the council and recommendations of the agricultural advisory board, appoints the Commissioner of Agriculture to a five-year term.
Note: Ballotpedia's state executive officials project researches the constitutional or statutory text that details the process of filling vacancies for a state executive office. That information for the New Hampshire Commissioner of Agriculture has not yet been added. After extensive research we were unable to identify any relevant information on state official websites. If you have any additional information about this office for inclusion on this section and/or page, please email us.
The Commissioner oversees the Department of Agriculture, Markets and Food and is responsible for promoting and protecting agriculture, commerce, consumers and the environment.
The Department of Agriculture, Markets & Food consists of six divisions and two committees:
- Division of Agricultural Development
- Division of Animal Industry
- Division of Pesticide Control
- Division of Plant Industry
- Division of Regulatory Services
- Division of Weights and Measures
- NH Agriculture in the Classroom
- State Conservation Committee
The budget for the Department of Agriculture in Fiscal Year 2013 was $4,925,742.
- See also: Compensation of state executive officers
In 2013, the commissioner's salary remained at $93,812.
Note: Ballotpedia's state executive officials project researches state official websites for chronological lists of historical officeholders. That information for the New Hampshire Commissioner of Agriculture has not yet been added because the information was unavailable on the relevant state official websites, or we are currently in the process of formatting the list for this office. If you have any additional information about this office for inclusion on this section and/or page, please email us.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term New Hampshire + Commissioner + of + Agriculture
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
New Hampshire Department of Agriculture, Markets & Food
PO Box 2042
Concord NH 03302 -2042
State House Annex
25 Capitol Street, Second Floor, Room 220
Concord NH 03301
Telephone: (603) 271-3551
- New Hampshire Statutes, " 425:1 Establishment," accessed December 26, 2012
- New Hampshire Statutes, "425:3 Commissioner; Compensation," accessed December 26, 2012
- New Hampshire Department of Agriculture, Markets and Food, "Office of the Commissioner," accessed October 16, 2011
- New Hampshire Agriculture Department, "About Us" accessed September 6, 2012
- New Hampshire General Court, "FY 2012-2013 Appropriations Act," accessed April 16, 2013
- Council of State Governments, Table 4.11 Selected State Administrative Officials: Annual Salaries, accessed January 31, 2014