New Hampshire Executive Director of Fish and Game
|New Hampshire Executive Director of Fish and Game|
|Office website:||Official Link|
|2013 FY Budget:||$30,979,107|
|Authority:||New Hampshire Statutes, XVIII, Chapter 206, Section 206:10|
|Selection Method:||Appointed by Governor and Fish and Game Council|
|Assumed office:||March 31, 2008|
|Other New Hampshire Executive Offices|
|Governor • Secretary of State • Attorney General • Treasurer • Commissioner of Education • Agriculture Commissioner • Insurance Commissioner • Labor Commissioner • Director of Fish & Game • Public Utilities Commission|
Per Title XVIII, Chapter 206, Section 206:10 of the New Hampshire Statutes:
It shall be the duty of the executive director to function as the chief administrator of the commission and to protect, propagate and preserve the fish, game and wildlife resources of the state and to protect and conserve non-game birds of the state.
As outlined in Title XVIII, Chapter 206, Section 206:8 of the New Hampshire Statutes, a candidate for director must "be a person with knowledge of, and experience in, the requirements for the protection, conservation and restoration of the wildlife resources of the state and shall be a competent administrator."
Per Title XVIII, Chapter 206, Section 206:8 of the New Hampshire Statutes:
The commission, following a comprehensive and equitable search, shall nominate, and the governor and council shall appoint, an executive director of the fish and game department. If the governor and council fail to appoint the nominee, the commission shall nominate another person. Each nominee shall be a person with knowledge of, and experience in, the requirements for the protection, conservation and restoration of the wildlife resources of the state and shall be a competent administrator. The executive director shall hold office for a term of 4 years from the date of appointment.
Per Title XVIII, Chapter 206, Section 206:8 of the New Hampshire Statutes, in the event of a vacancy "due to retirement, resignation, or prolonged illness, death, or for any other just cause," the commission appoints an acting director to serve until the governor and council can appoint a new officeholder.
The duties of the New Hampshire Executive Director of Fish and Game include:
- Conserve, manage and protect these resources and their habitats;
- Inform and educate the public about these resources; and
- Provide the public with opportunities to use and appreciate these resources.
The New Hampshire Fish and Game Department is organized into the following divisions:
- The Office of the Director
- The Inland Fisheries Division
- The Law Enforcement Division
- The Marine Fisheries Division
- The Public Affairs Division
- The Business Division
- The Wildlife Division
The Facilities and Lands Division
- See also: New Hampshire state budget and finances
The budget for the New Hampshire Department of Fish and Game in Fiscal Year 2013 was $30,979,107.
- See also: Compensation of state executive officers
In 2013, the director's salary remained at $98,691.
Note: Ballotpedia's state executive officials project researches state official websites for chronological lists of historical officeholders. That information for the New Hampshire Executive Director of Fish and Game has not yet been added because the information was unavailable on the relevant state official websites, or we are currently in the process of formatting the list for this office. If you have any additional information about this office for inclusion on this section and/or page, please email us.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the terms "New Hampshire Director Fish Game."
- Some of the stories below may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of Google's news search engine.
NH Fish and Game Department
11 Hazen Drive
Concord, NH 03301
Phone: (603) 271-3211
- Natural Resources Commissioner
- New Hampshire state executive offices
- New Hampshire state executive officials
- New Hampshire Wildlife, "Inside the Fish and Game Department" accessed September 6, 2012
- New Hampshire Department of Fish & Wildlife, "Staff directory," accessed June 28, 2012
- New Hampshire Statutes, "206:10 Powers and Duties," accessed December 26, 2012
- New Hampshire Fish and Game Department, "Division Duties" accessed September 6, 2012
- New Hampshire General Court, "FY 2012-2013 Appropriations Act," accessed April 16, 2013
- Council of State Governments, "SELECTED STATE ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICIALS: ANNUAL SALARIES," accessed December 3, 2014
- Council of State Governments, Table 4.11 Selected State Administrative Officials: Annual Salaries," accessed January 31, 2014
State of New Hampshire
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Executive Director of Fish and Game | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |