New Jersey Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development
|New Jersey Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development|
|Office website:||Official Link|
|2013 FY Budget:||$159,789,000|
|Length of term:||5 years|
|Authority:||New Jersey State Statutes, Title 34, Section 1-2|
|Selection Method:||Appointed by Governor|
|Assumed office:||May 24, 2010|
|Other New Jersey Executive Offices|
|Governor • Lieutenant Governor • Secretary of State • Attorney General • Treasurer • Comptroller• Commissioner of Education • Agriculture Secretary • Insurance Commissioner • Commissioner of Environmental Protection • Labor Commissioner • Public Utilities Board|
The Commissioner serves as executive and administrative head of the Department of Labor and Workforce Development.
The Department of Labor and the office of Commissionr are established by Title 34, Section 1-2 of the New Jersey State Statutes:
The department of labor, hereinafter in this title referred to as the "department" , organized by an act entitled "An act to reorganize the department of labor; to provide for the execution of its powers and the performance of its duties through departmental bureaus, under the supervision and control of the commissioner of labor; and as incidental to such reorganization, to provide for the transfer and assignment of officials and employees in the present department, and to extend the term of office of the commissioner of labor," passed March fourteenth, one thousand nine hundred and sixteen (L.1916, c. 40, p. 67), as amended and supplemented, is continued...
Per Title 34:1-4 of the New Jersey Statutes the Commissioner "shall be a citizen and resident of this state."
Per Title 34:1-4 of the New Jersey Statutes the Commissioner is appointed to a five-year term by the governor with the advice and consent of the Senate.
Per Title 34:1-2 of the New Jersey Statutes the Department of Labor consists of the following divisions:
- A bureau of general and structural inspection and explosives
- A bureau of hygiene, sanitation, and mine inspection
- A bureau of electrical and mechanical equipment
- A bureau of engineers' and firemen's licenses
- A bureau of statistics and records
- A workmen's compensation bureau
- A bureau of employment
- A bureau for women and children
The budget for the Department Of Labor and Workforce Development in Fiscal Year 2013 was $159,789,000.
New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development
John Fitch Plaza
Trenton, New Jersey 08625
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 New Jersey Permanent Statutes Database, "34:1-2. Department continued; organization," accessed March 23, 2013
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 New Jersey Permanent Statutes Database, "34:1-4. Commissioner; appointment, term and salary," accessed October 29, 2011
- ↑ New Jersey Department of the Treasury, "FY 2012 - 2013 Appropriations Handbook," accessed April 22, 2013
- ↑ The Council of State Governments,"The Book of States 2010 Table 4.11," retrieved June 22, 2011