New Mexico Bond Measure C (2002)
New Mexico's Public Library Acquisition Bonds or Bond Measure C is a Bond Issue that proposes to issue general obligation bonds in an amount not to exceed $16,080,000 to make capital expenditures for public school, higher education and public library acquisitions.
The official ballot summary reads:
- Shall the state be authorized to issue general obligation bonds in an amount not to exceed $16,080,000 to make capital expenditures for public school, higher education and public library acquisitions and provide for a general property tax imposition and levy for the payment of principal of, interest on and expenses incurred in connection with the issuance of the bonds and the collection of the tax as permitted by law?
Voters approved statewide Bond Issue C, the Library Books Bond Issue 2002, by 59.6–40.4%. The bond will provide $7.7 million to some 770 public school libraries in 89 school districts, $4.9 million to about 100 public libraries in 33 counties, and $3.4 million to 25 college and university libraries.
The measure passed with yes votes of 59.6% in 2002.
- List of New Mexico ballot measures
- Procedures for qualifying an initiative in New Mexico
- New Mexico 2002 ballot measures
- New Mexico signature requirements
State of New Mexico
Santa Fe (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Secretary of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Energy, Minerals and Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Solutions | Chairman of Public Regulation Commission |
New Mexico Supreme Court | Court of Appeals | District Courts | Magistrate Courts | Probate Courts | Bernalillo Metropolitan Court | Problem-Solving Courts | Workers' Compensation Administration Court | Judicial selection in New Mexico |