New Mexico Governor in small plane accident on return from campaign event for state primary candidate
By: Joshua Williams
Contact: Brittany Clingen
SANTA FE, New Mexico: Governor Susana Martinez was one of four people aboard a small, single engine prop plane that was forced to make a belly-landing at the Santa Fe Airport in the evening of May 23 when landing gears malfunctioned.
Also aboard the plane were Gov. Martinez' husband Chuck Franco, District Attorney Matt Chandler, and Businessman Sid Strebeck. Strebeck was piloting the plane when the incident happened. No was was reported injured.
- New Mexico Governor
- State legislative elections, 2012
- New Mexico State Senate elections, 2012
- New Mexico House of Representatives elections, 2012
- The Washington Post, "NM governor, husband unhurt after small plane makes hard landing at Santa Fe airport," May 24, 2012
- New Mexico Watchdog, "Gov Martinez and husband involved in emergency plane landing, all safe," May 24, 2012
- KOB-TV, "Gov. Martinez, husband OK after plane's hard landing," May 24, 2012