New York 1997 ballot measures
November 4, 1997 ballot in New York.Four statewide ballot measures were on the
- Two measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments, one was a legislatively-referred state statute and another was an automatic ballot referral.
- One was approved, while three were defeated.
- Topics covered: the state constitution, judicial reform, the administration of government and bond issues.
On the ballot
|ABR||Question 1||Constitution||Shall New York hold a constitutional convention?|
|Proposal 1||Judicial reform||Increase monetary jurisdiction of New York City Civil Court and district court to $50,000|
|Proposal 2||Admin of gov't||Rules for eligibility for civil service exam credits for veterans|
|LRSS||Proposal 3||Bonds||$2.4 billion for public schools|
- 2009 ballot measures
- List of New York ballot measures
- New York State Legislature
- List of ballot measures by state