New York Attorney General election, 2014
September 9, 2014
November 4, 2014
Governor • Lieutenant Governor • Attorney General
Eric Schneiderman - Incumbent (also ran on the Working Families Party, Independence Party and Women's Equality Party lines) 
John Cahill (also ran on the Conservative Party, Life and Justice Party and "Stop Common Core" lines)
Carl Person (nominated at party convention) - attorney
|Attorney General of New York, 2014|
|Democratic||Eric Schneiderman Incumbent||55.7%||2,069,956|
|Election Results via New York State Board of Elections.|
The general election candidates were nominated in party conventions or petitioned to join the gubernatorial race without a primary.
On November 2, 2010, Eric Schneiderman won election to the office of New York Attorney General. He defeated Dan Donovan (R), Carl Person (L) and Ramon Jimenez (Frdm) in the general election.
|New York Attorney General, 2010|
|Election Results Via: New York Board of Elections|
Comprehensive donor information for this election has been collected by Follow the Money. Based on available campaign finance records, the candidates raised a raised a total of $4,085,728 during the election. This information was last updated on March 25, 2015.
|Campaign Contribution Totals|
|Eric Schneiderman||New York Attorney General||$1,202,706|
|John Cahill||New York Attorney General||$2,883,022|
|Ramon Jimenez||New York Attorney General||$0|
|Carl Person||New York Attorney General||$0|
|Grand Total Raised||$4,085,728|
|July 10, 2014||Filing deadline for state offices|
|September 9, 2014||Primary election|
|November 4, 2014||General election|
|January 1, 2015||Inauguration of state executive officers|
To learn more about developments in these races, check out the following news articles from Ballotpedia:
- New York state executive primary elections review: Andrew Cuomo holds off challenger in Democratic race
- Moreland commission causes controversy for Governor Cuomo
- Filing deadline review: New York state executives primary 2014
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the terms "New York Attorney General election."
- Some of the stories below may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of Google's news search engine.
- New York Attorney General
- New York state executive official elections, 2014
- State executive official elections, 2014
- National Conference of State Legislatures Website, "State Primary Election Types," accessed January 6, 2014
- Fair Vote, "Congressional and Presidential Primaries: Open, Closed, Semi-Closed, and 'Top Two,'" accessed January 6, 2014
- Ballotpedia research conducted December 26, 2013, through January 3, 2014, researching and analyzing various state websites and codes.
- New York State Board of Elections, "Candidate Petition List," July 10, 2014
- New York Daily News, "John Cahill takes major step toward NY attorney general run by creating campaign committee," APril 26, 2014
- The Libertarian Perty of Suffolk County, NY, "Michael McDermott to Lead Libertarian Team in Drive for Governor’s Race," April 27, 2014
- SILive, "Donovan: No rematch with Schneiderman in 2014 attorney general's race," November 8, 2013
- Times Union, "Garcia hits the rubber chicken dinner circuit," July 23, 2013
- Follow the Money, "Overview of New York 2014 elections," accessed March 27, 2015
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
State of New York Court of Appeals | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Supreme Courts (Trial Courts) | County Courts | Family Courts | Surrogates' Courts | Court of Claims | District Courts | New York City Civil Court | New York City Criminal Courts | New York City Courts | Problem Solving Courts | Town and Village Courts | Judicial selection in New York |