|Ohio House of Representatives District 15|
|2012 - Present|
|January 7, 2013|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Celebrezze served on the following committees:
|Ohio Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Public Utilities|
|• Transportation, Public Safety and Homeland Security|
Elections for the office of Ohio House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 6, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 5, 2014. Incumbent Nicholas Celebrezze was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Patty Gascoyne-Telischak was unopposed in the Republican primary. Celebrezze defeated Gascoyne-Telischak in the general election.
Celebrezze won re-election in the 2012 election for Ohio House, District 15. Celebrezze was unopposed in the March 6 Democratic primary election and defeated Patricia Gascoyne (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 15, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Nicholas Celebrezze Incumbent||63.7%||25,486|
|Independent||John R. Butchko||0%||3|
Comprehensive donor information for Celebrezze is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Celebrezze raised a total of $40,603 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 1, 2013.
|Nicholas Celebrezze's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Ohio State House, District 15||$40,603|
|Grand Total Raised||$40,603|
2012Celebrezze won re-election to the Ohio State House in 2012. During that election cycle, Celebrezze raised a total of $40,603.
|Ohio State House 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Nicholas Celebrezze's campaign in 2012|
|International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers||$5,563|
|Ohio Nurses Association||$1,500|
|Sheet Metal Workers International Association||$1,500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$40,603|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2014, Celebrezze's endorsements included the following:
- Mayor Tim DeGeeter, Parma
- Former Mayor Dean Depiero, Parma
- Treasurer Tom Mastroianni, Parma
- Law Director Tim Dobek, Parma
- Council President Sean Brennan, Parma
- Councilwoman Debbie Lime, Parma Ward 2
- Councilman Brian Day, Parma Ward 4
- Councilman Tom Regas, Parma Ward 5
- Councilman Larry Napoli, Parma Ward 6
- Councilman Scott Tuma, Parma Ward 8
- Councilman Roy Jech, Parma Ward 9
- Clerk of Council Ken Ramser, Parma
- Clerk of Courts Marty Vittardi
- Mayor Frank Jackson
- Mayor Jack Bacci
- Mayor Michael Procuk
- Councilman Kevin Kelley
- Councilman Matt Zone
- The Cuyahoga County Democratic Party
- The Ohio Democratic Party
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- The American Conservative Union: 2013 Legislative scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key conservative issues.
- Innovation Ohio: 130th General Assembly - Women's Issues Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on women’s issues.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Nicholas + Celebrezze + Ohio + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Ohio House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Ohio General Assembly
- Joint Committees
- Ohio state legislative districts
- Ohio House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Profile from the Ohio House of Representatives
- Official campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Cleveland, "Ohio House Democrats appoint Nicholas Celebrezze to fill vacancy left by new Parma mayor," January 25, 2012
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Official primary election results for May 6, 2014," accessed July 3, 2014
- Ohio Chamber of Commerce, "2012 General Assembly Primary Candidates," January 17, 2012
- Ohio Secretary of State, "2012 Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Ohio official results for 2012 General Election," accessed June 10, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Celebrezze, Nicholas," accessed June 1, 2013
- votecelebrezze.com, "Endorsements," accessed August 22, 2014
State of Ohio
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Superintendent of Industrial Compliance and Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |