|U.S. House, Florida, District 9|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next primary||August 26, 2014|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Place of birth||New York City, New York|
He was a 2012 Democratic candidate who sought election to the U.S. House to represent the 7th Congressional District of Florida. Ruiz was defeated by Jason Kendall in the Democratic primary on August 14, 2012.
- New Deal Caucus in our U.S. House of Representatives
- We need to harness the power of the financial Market (i.e. Wall Street) for the Public
- Social Security
- Universal Healthcare System
- ProChoice/Pro-Planned Parenthood
- A Livable Minimum Wage
- Green America
- Banking and Credit Reform
- Fairness in progressive taxation
- Initiative to implement ranked choice, IRV (Instant Runoff Voting)
Ruiz is running in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Florida's 9th District. Ruiz is seeking the Democratic nomination in the primary. The general election takes place November 4, 2014.
Ruiz ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Florida's 7th District. Incumbent Sandy Adams from the 6th District and incumbent John L. Mica from the 7th District faced off to seek re-election on the Republican ticket. Mica defeated Sandy Adams in the Republican primary on August 14, 2012. Ruiz was defeated by Jason Kendall in the Democratic Sprimary.
|U.S. House, Florida District 7 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Nicholas Ruiz III||38.7%||8,088|
Candidates for Congress are required to file up to seven main reports with the Federal Election Commission during the 2014 elections season. Below are Ruiz's reports.
|Nicholas Ruiz III (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||April 15, 2013||$792||$541||$(321)||$1,011|
|July Quarterly||July 15, 2013||$1,011||$3,634||$(504)||$4,141|
|October Quarterly||October 15, 2013||$4,141||$1,748||$(3,487)||$2,402|
|Year-end||January 31, 2014||$2,402||$9,294||$(4,186)||$7,510|
Ruiz is married to Danielle Ruiz and has two sons, Nicholas and Kai.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Nicholas + Ruiz + Florida + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States congressional delegations from Florida
- United States House of Representatives
- Florida's 9th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Florida's 9th Congressional District
- Orlando Sentinel, "Nick Ruiz announces switch to run against Grayson, not Mica," accessed January 13, 2014
- AP Results "U.S. House Results" Accessed August 14, 2012
- Nicholas Ruiz for Congress "Platform" Accessed January 2, 2012
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- Florida Secretary of State, "August 2012 Primary Election," Accessed September 4, 2012
- Federal Election Commission, "April Quarterly," accessed February 19, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "July Quarterly," accessed February 19, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "October Quarterly," accessed February 19, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Year End Report," accessed February 19, 2014
- Nicholas Ruiz for Congress "Platform for Progress" Accessed Janauary 2, 2012
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |