|Ohio House of Representatives District 5|
|January 1, 2013 - January 1, 2015|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Columbiana County Treasurer|
|High school||Lisbon David Anderson High School|
|Bachelor's||Kent State University|
|J.D.||University of Akron School of Law|
Barborak earned his diploma from Lisbon David Anderson High School, B.A. from Kent State University and J.D. from the University of Akron School of Law. Barborak is a practicing attorney.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Barborak served on the following committees:
|Ohio Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agriculture and Natural Resources|
|• Commerce, Labor, and Technology|
|• Military and Veterans Affairs|
Elections for the office of Ohio House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 6, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 5, 2014. Incumbent Nick Barborak was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Tim Ginter was unopposed in the Republican primary. Barborak was defeated by Ginter in the general election.
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 5 General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Nick Barborak Incumbent||40.5%||10,935|
Barborak won election in the 2012 election for Ohio House, District 5. Barborak was unopposed in the March 6 Democratic primary election and defeated District 1 incumbent Craig Newbold (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 5, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Craig Newbold Incumbent||49.4%||22,079|
Comprehensive donor information for Barborak is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Barborak raised a total of $436,078 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 1, 2013.
|Nick Barborak's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Ohio State House, District 5||$436,078|
|Grand Total Raised||$436,078|
2012Barborak won election to the Ohio State House in 2012. During that election cycle, Barborak raised a total of $436,078.
|Ohio State House 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Nick Barborak's campaign in 2012|
|Ohio Democratic Party||$184,307|
|House Democratic Caucus Fund of Ohio||$146,200|
|Ohio State Auto Workers||$11,544|
|Ohio State Association of Plumbers Pipefitters PCE||$11,395|
|Ohio Education Association||$11,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$436,078|
|Source: Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- The American Conservative Union: 2013 Legislative scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key conservative issues.
- Innovation Ohio: 130th General Assembly - Women's Issues Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on women’s issues.
Barborak and his wife, Brandy, have two children. They currently reside in Lisbon, Ohio.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Nick + Barborak + Ohio + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Ohio House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Ohio General Assembly
- Joint Committees
- Ohio state legislative districts
- Ohio House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Official campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Follow the Money
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Official primary election results for May 6, 2014," accessed July 3, 2014
- Ohio Chamber of Commerce, "2012 General Assembly Primary Candidates," January 17, 2012
- Ohio Secretary of State, "2012 Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Ohio official results for 2012 General Election," accessed June 12, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Barborak, Nick," accessed June 1, 2013
- Nickbarborak.com, "About Nick," accessed September 25, 2012
|Ohio House of Representatives - District 5
2013–January 1, 2015
| Succeeded by|
Tim Ginter (R)
State of Ohio
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Superintendent of Industrial Compliance and Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |