|Ohio House of Representatives District 5|
|January 1, 2013 - present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Columbiana County Treasurer|
|High school||Lisbon David Anderson High School|
|Bachelor's||Kent State University|
|J.D.||University of Akron School of Law|
Barborak earned his high school diploma from Lisbon David Anderson High School, his B.A. from Kent State University and his J.D. from the University of Akron School of Law. Barborak is a practicing attorney.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Barborak served on the following committees:
|Ohio Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agriculture and Natural Resources|
|• Commerce, Labor, and Technology|
|• Military and Veterans Affairs|
Elections for the office of Ohio House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 6, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 5, 2014. Incumbent Nick Barborak was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Tim Ginter was unopposed in the Republican primary. Barborak and Ginter will face off in the general election.
Barborak won election in the 2012 election for Ohio House, District 5. Barborak was unopposed in the March 6 Democratic primary election and defeated District 1 incumbent Craig Newbold (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 5, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Craig Newbold Incumbent||49.4%||22,079|
Comprehensive donor information for Barborak is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Barborak raised a total of $436,078 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 1, 2013.
|Nick Barborak's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Ohio State House, District 5||$436,078|
|Grand Total Raised||$436,078|
2012Barborak won election to the Ohio State House in 2012. During that election cycle, Barborak raised a total of $436,078.
|Ohio State House 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Nick Barborak's campaign in 2012|
|Ohio Democratic Party||$184,307|
|House Democratic Caucus Fund of Ohio||$146,200|
|Ohio State Auto Workers||$11,544|
|Ohio State Association of Plumbers Pipefitters PCE||$11,395|
|Ohio Education Association||$11,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$436,078|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Barborak and his wife, Brandy, have two children. They currently reside in Lisbon, Ohio.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Nick + Barborak + Ohio + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Ohio House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Ohio General Assembly
- Joint Committees
- Ohio state legislative districts
- Ohio House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Official campaign website
- Profile from the Ohio House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Follow the Money
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Official primary election results for May 6, 2014," accessed July 3, 2014
- Ohio Chamber of Commerce, "2012 General Assembly Primary Candidates," January 17, 2012
- Ohio Secretary of State, "2012 Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Ohio official results for 2012 General Election," accessed June 12, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Barborak, Nick," accessed June 1, 2013
- Nickbarborak.com, "About Nick," accessed September 25, 2012
|Ohio House of Representatives - District 5
| Succeeded by|
State of Ohio
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Superintendent of Industrial Compliance and Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |