|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 22|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Oliver's professional experience includes serving as Secretary and Vice Chair of the Washington County Republican Party.
Oliver's website has emphasized the following campaign themes:
Eliminate Federal programs such as Obamacare
- Excerpt: "I would author a bill stating that the 'Affordable Care Act' is illegal in the State of Wisconsin, and assert the language of the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution to nullify the law in this state. I'd also reference the fact that the Supremacy clause(article 6, section 2) holds the 'Affordable Car Act' as unconstitutional as well, since it wasn't a law made in 'pursuance' of the constitution, but was outside of it's scope."
Local control of local issues
- Excerpt: "I will be a champion for our local voices while in Madison. I'll fight every intrusion into local rights when the State or Federal government tries to overstep its bounds. That said, I support an amendment to the Constitution of the State of Wisconsin that clearly spells out that ALL FEDERAL ACTS and LAWS that the State of Wisconsin determines as outside of powers delegated to the Federal Government by the U.S. Constitution are null and void based on the Tenth Amendment to the U. S. Constitution."
Taxes & Spending
- Excerpt "Our problem is spending. It's really very simple, if the government stops spending money, taxes can be lowered. When taxes are lower, we the people get to keep more of what we earn, and can spend it on things that we choose, not on what some bureaucrat decides."
- Excerpt: " I'd like to see it be required policy that every bill introduced contains a clear statement at the top as to the author’s intent (in plain English) and a statement as to WHY the bill is needed. Everything contained in that bill should be germane to the introductory statements."
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2014
Elections for all 99 seats in the Wisconsin State Assembly will take place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 12, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 2, 2014. Jessie Read was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Janel Brandtjen defeated Nick Oliver and Blair Rogacki in the Republican primary. Read will face Brandtjen in the general election.
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 22 Republican Primary, 2014|
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2012
Oliver ran in the 2012 election for Wisconsin State Assembly District 22. He ran against incumbent Don Pridemore (R) in the Republican primary on August 14, 2012. Incumbent Sandy Pasch (D) is running in District 10. Chad Bucholtz is running unopposed in the Democratic primary. The general election took place on November 6, 2012.
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 22 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Don Pridemore Incumbent||83.2%||8,290|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Nick + Oliver + Wisconsin + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Wisconsin State Legislature
- Wisconsin state legislative districts
- Wisconsin State Senate
- Wisconsin State Senate elections, 2014
- Wisconsin State Legislature
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Official campaign website
- Nick Oliver on Facebook
- Nick Oliver on Twitter
- Wisconsin Government Accountability, "Candidates Registered by Office," June 11, 2014
- Nick Oliver, "Home," accessed July 28, 2014
- Nick Oliver, "Issues," accessed July 28, 2014
- Milwaukee Wisconsin Journal Sentinel, "Wisconsin 2014 fall primary election results," accessed August 12, 2014
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Partisan Primary," accessed June 4, 2014
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Candidates Registered by Office," accessed June 7, 2012
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |
Wisconsin Supreme Court | Courts of Appeal | Circuit Courts | Municipal Courts | Wisconsin Commission Appointed Judicial Method Proposal | Wisconsin Judicial Commission | Wisconsin Supreme Court elections | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |