|Former candidate for|
|Ohio House of Representatives District 75|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Place of birth||Chios, Greece|
|Profession||Owner, S&K Asphalt|
He was a 2012 Republican candidate for District 75 of the Ohio House of Representatives. Skeriotis was a candidate for District 43 in the Ohio State House in the November 2, 2010, state legislative elections.
Skeriotis' website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Will work to uphold and defend the Second Amendment to keep and bear arms."
- Excerpt: "Empower small businesses and job creators and provide them with the incentives that they need to grow, expand,and create new Ohio jobs."
- Excerpt: "Many people are losing their health insurance due to Obamacare. I believe in a private sector insurance program. We should be in control of our own health insurance and what doctor we want to see. Not some bureaucrats in Washington."
- Excerpt: "I will work to get Common Core out of Ohio. The education of our children should be controlled at the state and local level and not by some bureaucrats in Washington D.C."
- Excerpt: " I want to help businesses who are being hit with excessive governmental regulations that stand in the way of job creation making it impossible to grow. From unfair EPA Environmental Controls and other government regulations, we must step in and help. This is what will help revive Ohio's economy and generate a more jobs friendly environment."
Elections for the office of Ohio House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 6, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 5, 2014. Incumbent Kathleen Clyde was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Nick Skeriotis defeated Kenneth Hendrickson, Jr. in the Republican primary. Clyde defeated Skeriotis in the general election.
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 75 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Kenneth Hendrickson, Jr.||32.8%||1,521|
Skeriotis ran in the 2012 election for Ohio House, District 75. Skeriotis was unopposed in the March 6 Republican primary election and was defeated by District 69 incumbent Kathleen Clyde (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 75, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Kathleen Clyde Incumbent||61%||30,637|
In 2014, Skeriotis' endorsements included the following:
- Ohio Right To Life PAC
- Dr. Kenneth Wells From Primary Care Associates
- Citizens Of Community Values Action PAC (CCVA PAC)
- Northern Ohio Associated Builders and Contractors PAC
- Portage County Tea Party
- Buckeye Firearms Association
- NFIB/Ohio SAFE Trust
- OEF Ohioan's for Educational Freedom
- NRA (National Riffle Association)
- Ohio Republican Party
Skeriotis and his wife, Gina, have two daughters.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Nick + Skeriotis + Ohio + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Ohio House of Representatives
- Ohio General Assembly
- Ohio House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Ohio House of Representatives District 75
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Nick Skeriotis on Facebook
- Profile from Follow the Money
- nickforohio.com, "Issues," accessed April 28, 2014
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Official primary election results for May 6, 2014," accessed July 3, 2014
- Ohio Chamber of Commerce, "2012 General Assembly Primary Candidates," January 17, 2012
- Ohio Secretary of State, "2012 Republican Primary Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- Ohio Secretary of State, "2012 Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Ohio official results for 2012 General Election," accessed June 10, 2014
- Ohio Secretary of State, Official Ohio House of Representatives elections results
- Ohio Secretary of State, Results for the May 4, 2010 Democratic primary in Ohio
- 2010 Ohio State Legislative
- nickforohio.com, "Endorsements," accessed April 28, 2014
- Nickforohio.com, "About," accessed September 28, 2012
State of Ohio
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Superintendent of Industrial Compliance and Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |