|Delaware State Senate District 12|
|January 8, 2013-Present|
|January 10, 2017|
|Years in position||1|
|Per diem||$7,334 annual expense allowance|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|High school||St. Elizabeth High School (1991)|
|Bachelor's||Wilmington College (1994)|
Poore graduated from St. Elizabeth High School in 1991, and Wilmington College in 1994.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Poore served on the following committees:
|Delaware Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Administrative Services/Elections|
|• Children, Youth & Families|
|• Labor & Industrial Relations|
|• Small Business|
|• Sunset, Chair|
- See also: Delaware State Senate elections, 2012
Poore ran in the 2012 election for Delaware State Senate District 12. Poore ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on September 11, 2012 and defeated incumbent Dorinda Connor and Brad Thomas in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Delaware State Senate, District 12, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Dorinda Connor Incumbent||38.3%||8,170|
Comprehensive donor information for Poore is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Poore raised a total of $48,674 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 18, 2013.
|Nicole Poore's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Delaware State Senate, District 12||$48,674|
|Grand Total Raised||$48,674|
2012Poore won election to the Delaware State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Poore raised a total of $48,674.
|Delaware State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Nicole Poore's campaign in 2012|
|New Castle County Democratic Cmte||$3,000|
|Delaware Democratic Party||$3,000|
|Saville, Stephen & Barbara||$1,200|
|Ironworkers Local 451||$600|
|Delaware Issues Fund||$600|
|Total Raised in 2012||$48,674|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2012, Poore's campaign endorsements included the following:
Poore received endorsements from:
- Gov. Jack Markell
- United States Senator Chris Coons
- Delaware state senator Bethany Hall-Long
- Delaware state senator and majority leader Patricia Blevins
- Delaware state representative and majority whip Valerie Longhurst
- Delaware state representative Michael Mulrooney
- Progressive Democrats for Delaware
- Barbara Gittings Delaware Stonewall Democrats
- Sheet Metal Workers Local 19
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 2270
- Sheet Metal Workers International Association United States District Council of Railroads
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Legislators are scored on their stances on "social and economic justice issues."
Poore and her husband, Bill, have three children: 7-year-old Luke, 12-year-old Alexis and 13-year-old Nicholas.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Nicole + Poore + Delaware + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Delaware State Senate
- Delaware Senate Committees
- Delaware State Senate District 12
- Delaware State Legislature
- Nicole Poore for State Senate Facebook Page, "Info," accessed September 7, 2012
- Delaware Elections Division, "Candidate List," accessed July 13, 2012
- Delaware Department of Elections, "Official Primary Results," accessed March 20, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Poore, Nicole," accessed September 18, 2013
- Nicole Poore for Delaware, "Endorsements," accessed September 7, 2012
- Jack Markell, "Videos" accessed September 7, 2012
- StateScape, "Session schedules," accessed July 21, 2014
- Nicole Poore, "About Nicole," accessed September 7, 2012
Dorinda Connor (R)
|Delaware State Senate District 12
| Succeeded by|