Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New Jersey General Assembly District 5|
|1995 - 2010|
|Profession||Community Development Specialist|
Cruz-Perez served in the United States Army from 1981-1987, and has worked as a Community Development Specialist with the Camden County Improvement Authority.
Assemblywoman Cruz-Perez and others discuss prohibiting payment for preventable medical errors
Cruz-Perez has refused to answer the 2007 National Political Awareness Test. She was asked by national leaders of both major parties. The test provides citizens with candidates positions on major issues.
- Consumer Affairs Committee, New Jersey General Assembly (Chair)
- Housing and Local Government Committee, New Jersey General Assembly
- Human Services Committee, New Jersey General Assembly
- Military and Veterans' Affairs Committee, New Jersey General Assembly
- Housing Affordability Committee, New Jersey State Legislature
- A778 Establishes Commission on Women Veterans.
- A979 Prohibits sale of tobacco products in vending machines and establishes requirements for retail sales of tobacco.
- A2518 "New Jersey G.I. Bill;" provides higher education benefits to New Jersey veterans.
- A3365 Establishes Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) program.
The top 5 donors to Cruz-Perez's 2007 campaign were mainly labor organizations:
- 1. NJ State Laborers/LIUNA $16,400
- 2. NJ Assoc of Realtors $11,200
- 3. NJ Builders Assoc/Builders PAC $9,200
- 4. NJ Regional Council of Carpenters/UBC $8,200
- 5. NJ Regular Council of Carpenters PEC $8,200
- New Jersey General Assembly - Hon. Nilsa Cruz-Perez
- Project Vote Smart profile
- NJ Assembly Dems - Nilsa Cruz-Perez
- Campaign Contributions:2007, 2001, 1999
- Philly.com, N.J. Assemblywoman Cruz-Perez stepping down, March 17, 2009
- Project Vote Smart - Assemblywoman Cruz-Perez
- Project Vote Smart - Assemblywoman Cruz-Perez Issue Positions
- New Jersey State Legislature, "Bills Sponsored by Senators and Representatives," accessed April 10, 2014
- Follow the Money - 2007 Campaign Contributions
|New Jersey Assembly District 5
| Succeeded by|
State of New Jersey
|State executive officer||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | President of Public Utilities |