For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Missouri State Senate District 30|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
|Profession||Faculty of Evangel University|
Champion earned her B.A. from Central Bible College in 1972. She went on to receive her M.A. in Communication from Southwestern Missouri State University in 1978. She then earned her Ph.D. from the University of Oklahoma in 1986.
Champion has worked as a professor of Broadcasting and Communication Theory at Evangel University. She is Adjunct Faculty at the Assembly of God Theological Seminary. She worked as Producer, Writer, and Host of 'Childrens Hour', an NBC Affiliate, from 1957 to 1986 She has been part of the Faculty at Evangel University since 1987.
Champion was on the Springfield City Council from 1987 to 1992. She served in the Missouri State House of Representatives from 1992 to 2002. She then joined the Missouri State Senate in 2002. She has served in that position since, representing the 30th District.
Champion is a widow and has two children.
- Education Committee, Missouri Senate
- Gubernatorial Appointments Committee, Missouri Senate
- Health, Mental Health, Seniors and Families Committee, Missouri Senate
- Rules, Joint Rules, Resolutions & Ethics Committee, Missouri Senate
- See also: Missouri State Senate elections, 2010
Due to term limits, Champion was ineligible to run for re-election to the 2nd District seat in 2010.
|Missouri State Senate, District 30 (2006)|
|Norma Champion (R)||36,370||57.5%|
|Doug Harpool (D)||26,934||42.5%|
|Missouri State Senate, District 30 (2002)|
|Norma Champion (R)||25,915||51.5%|
|Craig Hosmer (D)||24,419||48.5%|
In 2008, a year she was not up for re-election, Champion collected $25,395 in donations.
Her five largest contributors in 2008 were:
|Missouri Bankers Association||$3,900|
|Missouri Hospital Association||$500|
|Missouri Dental Association||$500|
|Coventry Healthcare of Kansas||$500|
- Norma Champion's official Missouri Senate member page
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998, 1996
- State Surge legislative profile
|Missouri State Senate District 30
| Succeeded by|