North Dakota 1939 ballot measures
July 11, 1939 special election ballot in North Dakota.Four statewide ballot measures appeared on the
- One of the measures was a legislatively-referred state statute.
- Three of the measures were initiated state statutes.
- One of the measures was approved and three were defeated.
On the ballot
|LRSS||Grain Commissioner Referendum||Admin of Gov't||Repeals emergency session law creating the office of Grain Storage Commissioner|
|CISS||Highway Fund Diversion Initiative||Taxes||Diverts state gasoline and vehicle tax from highway construction to state old age assistance fund for two years|
|CISS||Municipal Liquor Sales Initiative||Alcohol||Provides for the sale of liquor through municipal liquor stores in towns of 150 or more|
|CISS||Gross Income Tax Initiative||Taxes||Imposes a gross income tax of two percent on businesses, professions and occupations|
- 1939 ballot measures
- List of North Dakota ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in North Dakota
- Turtle Mountain Star, "Notice of Special Election"
- List of North Dakota ballot initiatves
- North Dakota Secretary of State, Archived Election Results