North Dakota 1954 ballot measures
- One of the measures was a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment.
- One of the measures was an initiated constitutional amendment.
- Five of the measures were initiated state statutes.
- Two of the measures were approved and five were defeated.
On the ballot
|Referendum 1||Business||Relates to capital stocks and corporation indebtedness||
|Initiative 1||Taxes||Permits the enactment of a graduated land tax||
|CISS||Initiative 2||Legislature||Prohibits members of legislature from doing over $10,000 worth of business annually with the state or its political subdivisions||
|CISS||Initiative 1||Taxes||Exempts food from the sales tax||
|CISS||Initiative 2||Alcohol||Sets hours of liquor establishments between 8 a.m. and 11 p.m||
|CISS||Initiative 3||Taxes||Creates one cent non-refundable motor vehicle fuel tax for rural roads||
|CISS||Initiative 4||Taxes||Diverts sales tax collected on automobiles from school and welfare funds to highway construction||
- 1954 ballot measures
- List of North Dakota ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in North Dakota
State of North Dakota
List of North Dakota ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Game and Fish | Commissioner of Labor | Public Service Commission |