North Dakota 1964 ballot measures
- Four of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- Three of the measures were initiated constitutional amendments.
- Four of the measures were initiated state statutes.
- Six of the measures were approved and five were defeated.
On the ballot
|Referendum 1||Gov't Finances||Allows separate budgets and appropriation measures for some agricultural projects|
|Referendum 2||Gov't Salaries||Allows members of the legislature to be appointed or elected to civil offices created during their terms|
|Referendum 3||Law Enforcement||Renames the office of Police Magistrate to Municipal Judge|
|Initiative 4||Gambling||Authorizes betting on horse and dog races|
|Initiative 5||Term Limits||Lengthens terms from two years to four for some state and county offices|
|Referendum 1||Elections||Abolishes voter pamphlet publication requirement|
|Initiative 2||Taxes||Revises the definition of personal property and exempts it from taxation|
|CISS||Initiative 3||Transportation||Repeals state statutes requiring certain number of crew members on freight trains and self-propelled equipment|
|CISS||Initiative 4||Transportation||Requires five man crew on trains over one half mile long and to conduct switching operations in municipalities|
|CISS||Initiative 5||Transportation||Requires railroad corporations to have daily passenger-local freight train runs|
|CISS||Initiative 6||Alcohol||Allows alcohol sales in some food serving establishment and restricts age of entrance for in such places|
- 1964 ballot measures
- List of North Dakota ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in North Dakota
- List of North Dakota ballot initiatives
- North Dakota Secretary of State, Archived Election Results
- The Billings County Pioneer, Notice of Election, July 25, 1964
- The Billings County Pioneer, Notice of General Election, October 29, 1964
State of North Dakota
List of North Dakota ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Game and Fish | Commissioner of Labor | Public Service Commission |