North Dakota 1986 ballot measures
- Five of the measure were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- One of the measures was an initiated constitutional amendment.
- Two of the measures were initiated state statutes.
- Four of the measures were approved and four were defeated.
On the ballot
|Measure 1||Resources||Allows board of university and public lands to exchange state coal mineral interests for lands or coal mineral interests of the federal government|
|Measure 2||State Exec||Repeals and replaces executive branch article|
|Measure 3||Admin of Gov't||Replaces state auditor with state treasurer as a member of the board of university and school lands|
|CISS||Measure 4||Sunday||Reduces number of employees allowed to work on Sundays in grocery stores from six to three|
|Measure 1||State Exec||Makes December 15 start of the term of office for governor and lieutenant governor|
|Measure 2||State Exec||Removes nonpartisan ballot requirement for state tax commissioner|
|Measure 3||Gambling||Establishes a state lottery|
|CISS||Measure 4||Sunday||Bans business behaviors between midnight and noon on Sundays|
- 1986 ballot measures
- List of North Dakota ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in North Dakota
- List of North Dakota ballot initiatives
- North Dakota Secretary of State, Archived Election Results
- North Dakota State Legislature 1985 Session Laws
State of North Dakota
List of North Dakota ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Game and Fish | Commissioner of Labor | Public Service Commission |