For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
North Dakota 1996 ballot measures
- Eight of the measure were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- One of the measures was a legislatively-referred state statute.
- Five of the measures were initiated constitutional amendments.
- One of the measures was an initiated state statute.
- Seven of the measures were approved and eight were defeated.
On the ballot
|Measure 1||State Exec||Relates to the duties of the lieutenant governor|
|Measure 2||Resources||Regards exchanges of state land and mineral rights|
|Measure 3||Constitutions||Incorporates reference provisions of the Enabling Act of 1889|
|Measure 4||State Exec||Repeals and replaces executive article of the North Dakota Constitution|
|Measure 5||Gambling||Relates to lotteries conducted in public places|
|Measure 6||Environment||Bans private hazardous waste disposal facilities; Created insurance requirements for other waste disposal facilities|
|CISS||Measure 7||Labor||Changes workers' compensation laws including attorney fees, rehabilitation and payment of claims|
|Measure 8||Veterans||Relates to a veterans' home and funding for that home|
|LRSS||Measure 9||Labor||Establishes minimum impairments in workers compensation laws|
|Measure 1||Admin of Gov't||Reduces terms of members of the State Board of Higher Education; changes other membership requirements|
|Measure 2||Trials||Places limitations on bringing lawsuits against the state|
|Measure 3||Term Limits||Increase terms of state representatives from two to four years|
|Measure 4||Gov't Finances||Makes veterans' post war trust fund a permanent trust fund|
|Measure 5||Term Limits||Proposes U.S. Congress term limit changes; changes state term limits|
|Measure 6||ConCon||Calls for national Constitutional Convention to change congressional term limits|
- 1996 ballot measures
- List of North Dakota ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in North Dakota
- List of North Dakota ballot initiatives
- North Dakota Secretary of State, Archived Election Results
- North Dakota 1997 Session Laws
- National Council of State Legislatures, State Ballot Measures Database
State of North Dakota
List of North Dakota ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Game and Fish | Commissioner of Labor | Public Service Commission |