North Dakota 2004 ballot measures
On the ballot
|Amendment 1 (Primary)||Business||Limit voting for the election of directors.|
|Amendment 2 (Primary)||Government Administration||Determine the fiscal impact of measures.|
|CICA||Marriage Amendment (General)||Defining Marriage||Marriage consists only between a man and a woman.|
- The total amount of money spent on ballot measure campaigns in 2004 was $8,974--all of that on the Marriage Amendment.
- Through 2002, a total of 168 citizen-initiated ballot propositions had appeared on North Dakota's ballot since the beginning of the process in 1918. Of those, 76 passed and 92 failed.
- With one initiative on the 2004 ballot, the historical total of North Dakota's citizen initiatives increased to 169. The single initiative passed.
- For information on other citizen initiatives that attempted but failed to make the ballot, see North Dakota 2004 citizen initiatives.
- List of North Dakota ballot measures
- Procedures for qualifying an initiative in North Dakota
- Laws governing the initiative process in North Dakota
- History of Initiative & Referendum in North Dakota
State of North Dakota
List of North Dakota ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Game and Fish | Commissioner of Labor | Public Service Commission |
Open Records Statute | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
List of Towns |
List of School Districts |