North Dakota 2006 ballot measures
- Three of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- One of the measures was an initiated constitutional amendment.
- One of the measures was an initiated state statute.
- Four of the measures were approved and one was defeated.
On the ballot
|Constitutional Measure 1||War & Peace||Redefines reserve and active militia and removes obsolete age and gender references||
|Constitutional Measure 2||Business||Authorizes the legislative assembly to provide by law for the regulation of corporations||
|Constitutional Measure 1||Gov't Finance||Requires the common schools and other permanent trust funds be managed to preserve purchasing power||
|Initiated Constitutional Measure 2||Eminent Domain||Disallows the taking of private property for economic development||
|CISS||Initiated Statutory Measure 3||Divorce & Custody||Establishes new rules for joint parental custody||
Not on ballot
This measure failed to receive enough signatures to be placed on the ballot.
- 2006 ballot measures
- List of North Dakota ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in North Dakota
- North Dakota Secretary of State, Archived Election Results
- National Council of State Legislatures, State Ballot Measures Database
State of North Dakota
List of North Dakota ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Game and Fish | Commissioner of Labor | Public Service Commission |