North Dakota Construction and Placement of a Pipeline Petition (2008)
|Not on Ballot|
| This measure did not or |
will not appear on a ballot
The official ballot title for the measure read:
This initiated measure would add a new provision to the North Dakota Century Code prohibiting new crude oil pipelines from being built within six miles of a lake or aquifer supplying water to more than 5,000 people, except as necessary to develop oil wells or to repair or replace existing pipelines.
This measure was a citizen-initiated state statute.
Co-chairmen of the committee sponsoring the measure were Corey A. M. Bergsrud and Gerald E. Foote
Supporters must have submitted 12,844 valid signatures by midnight on Aug. 5, 2008, in order to win placement on the November 2008 ballot. To appear on the next general election ballot, supporters had until May 11, 2009, to submit signatures.
- Procedures for qualifying an initiative in North Dakota
- Laws governing the initiative process in North Dakota
- Campaign finance requirements for North Dakota ballot measures
- North Dakota 2008 ballot measures
- Petition drive deadlines in 2008
- North Dakota signature requirements