The North Dakota Location of the School for the Blind Initiative
was on the primary election ballot
in North Dakota
as an initiated state statute
, where it was approved.
The initiative authorized the state government to give $450,000 to the School for the Blind from Pembina County to a location near Grand Forks.
The North Dakota School for the Blind was opened in its first location in Bathgate in 1908, where it served 25 residential students. After the 1958 initiative was approved, a new school was built in Grand Forks. That building was finished in 1961.