North Dakota School for the Blind Construction Appropriation, Initiative 3 (1958)
The North Dakota School for the Blind Construction Appropriate Initiative, also known as Initiative 3, was on the June 24, 1958 ballot in North Dakota as an initiated state statute, where it was approved. The initiative authorized the state government to give $450,000 to the School for the Blind from Pembina County to a location near Grand Forks.
The North Dakota School for the Blind was opened in its first location in Bathgate in 1908, where it served 25 residential students. After the 1958 initiative was approved, a new school was built in Grand Forks. That building was finished in 1961.
|North Dakota Initiative 3 (1958)|
Election results via: Legislative Manual, Official Vote of North Dakota Primary Election, 1958
Text of measure
The initiative authorized the state government to give $450,000 to the School for the Blind from Pembina County to a location near Grand Forks.
- North Dakota 1958 ballot measures
- 1958 ballot measures
- List of North Dakota ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in North Dakota
- North Dakota Secretary of State, Archived Election Results
- I&R Institute ballot measure database for North Dakota
- North Dakota Vision Services/School for the Blind
- North Dakota Secretary of State Archived Election Results, "Primary Election Results - 1958," accessed March 12, 2014
- Initiative and Referendum Institute, "North Dakota Statewide Initiatives," accessed March 11, 2014
- North Dakota Vision Services/School for the Blind, "History," accessed March 12, 2014
State of North Dakota
List of North Dakota ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Game and Fish | Commissioner of Labor | Public Service Commission |
|historical ballot measure article requires that the text of the measure be added to the page.|