North Dakota Medical Marijuana Initiative (2012)
|Not on Ballot|
| This measure did not or |
will not appear on a ballot
State Representative Steve Zaiser stated his support for the measure, saying, "Marijuana has proven that it has helped people, and doctors will testify to that effect. I don’t want any more North Dakotans to suffer unnecessarily."
Path to the ballot
- See also: North Dakota signature requirements
Supporters were be required to collect a minimum of 13,452 valid signatures and deliver them to the North Dakota Secretary of State by August 8 in order to qualify the measure for the November 2012 ballot.
On September 4, 2012, Secretary Jaeger announced that the measure would not be on the ballot due to the invalidation of hundreds of signatures. It was determined during the verification process that several signature gatherers for the measure committed petition fraud by falsifying signatures.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Associated Press "Fargo Lawmaker Heads Medical Marijuana Initiative In ND," May 22, 2012
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Measure timeline from Secretary of State's website
- ↑ StoptheDrugWar.org "North Dakota Medical Marijuana Petitions Handed In," August 7, 2012
- ↑ Associated Press,"ND marijuana, conservation initiatives rejected; NDSU footballers accused of petition fraud," September 4, 2012
State of North Dakota
List of North Dakota ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Game and Fish | Commissioner of Labor | Public Service Commission |
Open Records Statute | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
List of Towns |
List of School Districts |