For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
North Dakota Water Development and Funding, Measure 4 (1992)
The North Dakota Water Development and Funding Initiative, also known as Measure 4, was on the November 3, 1992 ballot in North Dakota as an initiated state statute, where it was defeated. The measure would have established comprehensive water development objectives including construction, design and planning of water projects, putting the Missouri River to statewide beneficial use and developing other North Dakota water resources.
The measure also would have imposed a one-half of one percent sales or excise tax on all sales at retail except mobile homes used for residential or business purposes, farm machinery and farm machinery repair parts, agricultural irrigation equipment, resale of mobile homes, natural gas and highway construction contracts entered before January 1, 1993. The tax would have been collected beginning January 1, 1993 and ending Midnight on December 31, 1999. The net revenue generated by the tax was to have been deposited in the resources trust fund to be used to implement the comprehensive water development objectives.
|North Dakota Measure 4 (1992)|
Election results via: North Dakota Secretary of State, Official Vote of General Election, 1992
Text of measure
The full text of the proposed statutory language can be read here.
- North Dakota 1992 ballot measures
- 1992 ballot measures
- List of North Dakota ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in North Dakota
- North Dakota Secretary of State, Archived Election Results
- North Dakota 1993 Session Laws
- I&R Institute ballot measure database for North Dakota
- North Dakota Secretary of State Archived Election Results, "General Election Results - 1992," accessed March 27, 2014
- Initiative and Referendum Institute, "North Dakota Statewide Initiatives," accessed March 27, 2014
- North Dakota Legislative Assembly, "CHAPTER 653 WATER DEVEWPMENT AND FUNDING," accessed March 27, 2014
State of North Dakota
List of North Dakota ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Game and Fish | Commissioner of Labor | Public Service Commission |
|historical ballot measure article requires that the text of the measure be added to the page.|