November 4, 2008 ballot measures in Wisconsin
The following measures were on the November 2008 ballot in Wisconsin
- For school bond measures on the ballot see: Wisconsin 2008 school bond measures
November 4, 2008
|Ashippun Referendum||Whether the town clerk/treasurer should be elected or appointed.|
|Egg Harbor Referendum||Require voter approval for expenditures over $1,000,000.|
|Forestville Term Limits||Term limits for local officials.|
|Fitchburg Library Construction||Issue $10 million in debt to build a new library.|
|Fitchburg Library Operation Costs||Annual funds to run a new library.|
|Milwaukee Paid Sick Leave Initiative||Require Milwaukee employers to provide paid sick leave to employees.|
|Milwaukee County Sales Tax Advisory Referendum||Triple the sales tax in Milwaukee.|
|Nasewaupee Town Clerk Referendum||Whether the town clerk should be elected or appointed.|
|Nasewaupee Treasurer Referendum||Whether the treasurer should be elected or appointed.|
|St Croix County Nursing Home Referendum||Using property taxes to fund the nursing home.|
|St Croix County Board Referendum||Decrease membership on the County Board.|
|Spring Green Advisory Referendum||Flood assistance.|
|Vernon County Sales Tax Referendum||Raise sales tax to help fund dam repair.|
|Wisconsin Executive Veto||Limit the ability of the Governor to veto words and numbers on appropriations bills.|
|Wisconsin Health Care Guarantee||Give all WI citizens health care comparable to what legislators receive.|
There is very little information about some local referendum. These were mentioned in news articles:
- "Town of Mitchell referendum: Should the town clerk be appointed by the Town Board?
- Town of Mosel referendum: Should the clerk-treasurer be appointed by the Town Board?
- Town of Sheboygan Falls referendum: Should the clerk-treasurer be appointed by the Town Board?
- Town of Wilson advisory referendum: Should the Town of Wilson Board be increased from three to five members?
- Advisory bookmobile referendum (community unknown): For non-libraried communities: Do you support continuing to pay property taxes to finance bookmobile services?" 
- "In Prairie du Chien, voters will take on the merits of fluoridation.
- In the town of Newport, in Columbia County, voters will consider a property tax increase for road maintenance and capital improvements. (Results: Yes = 158/48.32%, No = 169/51.68%, measure failed) 
- In Rock County's town of Milton, voters can advise on whether the local police and municipal court should be abolished.
- In Evansville, voters take an advisory role in deciding if the City Council should approve spending up to $2 million to restore the historic Lake Leota.
- The Sauk County town of Dellona needs advice on hiring an outside ambulance service.
- In additional flooding aftermath costs, Vernon County, faced with having to make an estimated $11.75 million in repairs to its 22 flood control dams, will give voters a choice of how they want to pay for the work." 
- ↑ After longest campaign ever, it's time to vote, Sheboygan Press, November 4, 2008
- ↑ Columbia County November 4, 2008 Unofficial Fall General Election Results
- ↑ Municipalities turn to voters on several ballot questions, Wisconsin State Journal, October 24, 2008