Ohio 1939 ballot measures
- Two measures were initiated constitutional amendments.
- One measure was a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment.
- One measure was a veto referendum.
- The three constitutional amendments were defeated and the law under referendum was vetoed.
On the ballot
|Amendment 1||Education||Creates a state board of education and a director of education|
|Amendment 2||Pension||Provides for a state system of old age pensions|
|Amendment 3||Direct Democracy||Changes requirements to qualify initiatives for the ballot, including changing to an initiated state statute system|
|VR||Referendum 1||Civil Service||Relates to civil service, certification, sick leave and layoffs in the classified service|
- 1939 ballot measures
- List of Ohio ballot measures
- Procedures for qualifying an initiative in Ohio
- Laws governing the initiative process in Ohio
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Ohio
- Historical Ohio Ballot Measure Election Results
- Sample Ballot (in the Youngstown Vindicator, November 3, 1939)