Ohio Ballot Board
- Prescribes and certifies ballot language for proposed Constitutional amendments, initiatives, and referenda.
- Oversees efforts to inform voters of proposed ballot issues.
The Ohio Secretary of State's office provides professional, technical, and clerical support for the Board.
- Secretary of State Jennifer Brunner
- Sen. Randy Gardner, appointed January 31, 2005 by Senate President Bill Harris
- Sen. Ray Miller, appointed January 30, 2007 by Teresa Fedor
- William Morgan, appointed January 2005 by speaker Husted
- Paul Tipps, appointed February 1, 2007 by Joyce Beatty
How membership is determined
The five members of the Ballot Board consist of:
- The Secretary of State
- One member appointed by the president of the Ohio state senate
- One member appointed by the minority leader of the state senate
- One member appointed by the speaker of the state house of representatives
- One member appointed by the minority leader of the state house of representatives.
No more than two of the appointed members shall be members of the same political party.
Terms of office are for four years, with memberships expiring on the first Monday in February or, if the member is a member of the state house or state senate, when that person's elected term in either of those seats expires.