Ohio Ballot Board
- Prescribes and certifies ballot language for proposed Constitutional amendments, initiatives, and referenda.
- Oversees efforts to inform voters of proposed ballot issues.
The Ohio Secretary of State's office provides professional, technical, and clerical support for the Board.
- Ohio Secretary of State - The Honorable Jon Husted
- Mark Griffin, Ballot Board Term ends February 6, 2017
- The Honorable Nina Turner, Ballot Board Term ends December 31, 2014
- The Honorable Keith Faber, Ballot Board Term ends December 31, 2016
- William N. Morgan, Ballot Board Term ends February 6, 2017
How membership is determined
The five members of the Ballot Board consist of:
- The Secretary of State
- One member appointed by the president of the Ohio state senate
- One member appointed by the minority leader of the state senate
- One member appointed by the speaker of the state house of representatives
- One member appointed by the minority leader of the state house of representatives.
No more than two of the appointed members shall be members of the same political party.
Terms of office are for four years, with memberships expiring on the first Monday in February or, if the member is a member of the state house or state senate, when that person's elected term in either of those seats expires.