Ohio Issue 1, Lieutenant Governor Vacancies (1989)
|Ohio Issue 1 (1989)|
Text of measure
- See also: Ohio Constitution Section 2, Article IV
The language appeared on the ballot as:
To amend Article III of the Constitution of the State of Ohio and adding thereto Section 17a
Whenever there is a vacancy in the office of the Lieutenant Governor, the Governor shall nominate a Lieutenant Governor who shall take office upon confirmation by vote of a majority of the members elected to each house of the general assembly.
Shall the proposed amendment be adopted?
- Ohio 1989 ballot measures
- 1989 ballot measures
- List of Ohio ballot measures
- List of ballot measures by year
- List of ballot measures by state
- Ohio Secretary of State, "1980-1989 Official Election Results," accessed July 25, 2013
- Ohio Secretary of State, "A History of Statewide Issue Votes in Ohio," accessed July 25, 2013
- Toledo Blade, "Ballot Language for the General Election," October 25, 1989
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Ohio
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Superintendent of Industrial Compliance and Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |