Ohio Issue 1, Supreme Court Temporary Judges (1944)
|Ohio Issue 1 (1944)|
Text of measure
- See also: Ohio Constitution Section 2, Article IV
The language appeared on the ballot as:
|“||Proposing to amend Section 2 of Article IV of the Constitution of the state of Ohio, permitting the use of temporary or substitute judges in the Supreme Court of Ohio.
A proposition, by joint resolution of the general assembly of Ohio, proposing to amend section 2 of article IV of the Constitution of the State of Ohio, so that if any of the judges of the supreme court shall be unable, bu reason of illness, disability or disqualification to hear, consider and decide a cause or causes, the chief justice, or in case of the absence or disability of the chief justice, the judge having the longest period of service upon the supreme court, may direct any judge of any court of appeals to sit with the judges of the supreme court in the place and stead of the absent judge. The judge of the court of appeals so designated shall temporarily perform the duties of a judge of the supreme court as to such cause or causes designated.
If the voters for the proposal shall exceed those against it, this amendment shall take effect, and existing section 2 of article IV of the constitution of the state of Ohio shall be repealed and annulled. 
- Ohio 1944 ballot measures
- 1944 ballot measures
- List of Ohio ballot measures
- List of ballot measures by year
- List of ballot measures by state
- Ohio Secretary of State, "1940-1949 Official Election Results," accessed July 24, 2013
- Ohio Secretary of State, "A History of Statewide Issue Votes in Ohio," accessed November 5, 1944
- Youngstown Vindicator, "Official Questions and Issues Ballot," accessed July 24, 2013
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Ohio
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Superintendent of Industrial Compliance and Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |