The Ohio Membership of the Sinking Fund Commission Amendment, also known as Amendment 3, was on the November 4, 1947 ballot in Ohio as a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment, where it was approved. The measure increased the membership of the state Sinking Fund Commission to include the Governor and the Treasurer of State.
| Ohio Amendment 3 (1947)|
| Yes|| 782,158|| 50.65%|
Election results via: Ohio Secretary of State
Text of measure
The language appeared on the ballot as:
||Proposing to amend section 8 of Article VIII of the Constitution of Ohio, to increase the number of members of the board known as "The Commissioners of the Sinking Fund," by providing that the governor and treasurer of state shall be members thereof in addition to the present membership consisting of the auditor of state, secretary of state and attorney general.
SHALL THE PROPOSED AMENDMENT, RELATIVE TO INCREASING THE NUMBER OF MEMBERS OF THE SINKING FUND COMMISSION, BE ADOPTED?
- ↑ Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, "Ohio Constitution: Table of Proposed Amendments," accessed February 9, 2015
- ↑ Ohio Secretary of State, "Amendment and Legislation: Proposed Constitutional Amendments, Initiated Legislation, and Laws Challenged by Referendum, Submitted to the Electors," accessed February 9, 2015
- ↑ State Library of Ohio, "Proposed constitutional amendments, initiated legislation and laws challenged by referendum, submitted to the electors," accessed February 9, 2015
- ↑ Youngstown Vindicator, "Official Questions and Issues Ballot," November 3, 1947
- ↑ Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.