The Ohio Legislative Vacancies Amendment, also known as Amendment 2, was on the May 7, 1968 ballot in Ohio as a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment, where it was approved. The measure provided for the same method of filling vacant state House of Representatives seats as was in place for filling vacant state Senate seats.
| Ohio Amendment 2 (May 1968)|
| Yes|| 1,020,500|| 67.65%|
Election results via: Ohio Secretary of State
Text of measure
The language appeared on the ballot as:
||Shall Section 11 of Article II the Constitution of the state of Ohio be amended to provide a method of appointment for filling vacancies in the House of Representatives as is provided for filling vacancies in the Senate?
The measure amended Section 11 of Article II of the Ohio Constitution.
- ↑ Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, "Ohio Constitution: Table of Proposed Amendments," accessed February 11, 2015
- ↑ Ohio Secretary of State, "Amendment and Legislation: Proposed Constitutional Amendments, Initiated Legislation, and Laws Challenged by Referendum, Submitted to the Electors," accessed February 11, 2015
- ↑ State Library of Ohio, "Proposed constitutional amendments, initiated legislation and laws challenged by referendum, submitted to the electors," accessed February 11, 2015
- ↑ Toledo Blade, "The Blade's Endorsements," May 5, 1968
- ↑ Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.