Ohio Length of State Legislative Terms, Issue 2 (1954)
|Ohio Issue 2 (1954)|
Text of measure
The language appeared on the ballot as:
|“||Proposing to amend Section 2 of Article II and Section 1, 3,6, 9, 10 and 11 of Article XI of the Constitution of the State of Ohio to provide that State Senators and Representatives to the General Assembly shall hold their offices for four years. The apportionment of the state for members of the House of Representatives and the State Senate shall be made prior to January 1, 1958, in the year 1971, and every twenty years thereafter.
If the votes for the proposal exceed those against it, this amendment shall take effect and existing section 2 of Article II and sections 1, 3, 6, 9, 10 and 11 of Article XI of the Constitution of the State of Ohio shall be repealed as of July 1, 1957.
TO AMEND SECTION 2 OF ARTICLE II AND SECTIONS 1, 3, 6, 9, 10, AND 11 OF ARTICLE XI OF THE CONSTITUTION OF THE STATE OF OHIO TO PROVIDE FOUR-YEAR TERMS OF OFFICE FOR MEMBERS OF THE OHIO SENATE AND HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES. 
- Ohio 1954 ballot measures
- 1954 ballot measures
- List of Ohio ballot measures
- List of ballot measures by year
- List of ballot measures by state
- Ohio Secretary of State, "1950-1959 Official Election Results," accessed July 23, 2013
- Ohio Secretary of State, "A History of Statewide Issue Votes in Ohio," accessed July 23, 2013
- Youngstown Vindicator, "Official Questions and Issues Ballot," November 1, 1954
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Ohio
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Superintendent of Industrial Compliance and Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |