Ohio Prison Contract Labor Abolition, Amendment 17 (September 1912)
The Ohio Prison Contract Labor Abolition Amendment was a constitutional convention-referred constitutional amendment on the September 3, 1912 special election ballot in Ohio, where it was approved. The measure was an amendment to Article II, Section 41 of the Ohio Constitution.
|Ohio Amendment 17 (September 1912)|
Text of measure
The language that appeared on the ballot:
This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
|“|| Article II, Section 41.
Abolishing Prison Contract Labor.
- 1912 ballot measures
- Ohio 1912 ballot measures
- List of Ohio ballot measures
- Ohio Regulation of Prison Labor, Issue 2 (1978)
- Proceedings and Debates of the Constitutional Convention of the State of Ohio - 1912
- Official Ballot (P.2007-2011)
- Text of Proposed Constitutional Amendments (P.2101-2111)
State of Ohio
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Superintendent of Industrial Compliance and Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |