Ohio Right to Work, Issue 2 (1958)
|Ohio Issue 2 (1958)|
Text of measure
- See also: Ohio Constitution Section 1, Article I
The language appeared on the ballot as:
|“||Proposing to amend Article I of the Constitution of the State of Ohio by adopting a section to be designated as Section 1a, to read as follows:
Sec. 1a. No employer or labor organization shall, deny or abridge the right to work by requiring membership or non-membership in, or payment or non-payment of money to, a labor organization as a condition of employment or continued employment in this state. All agreements in conflict with this section are, to the extent of such conflict, unlawful and of no effect in this state.
This amendment shall take effect at the earliest time permitted by the Constitution: but conduct otherwise made unlawful by this amendment, if authorized, or required by a written agreement theretofore made, shall, notwithstanding this amendment, be lawful during so much of the period of such agreement as does not extend beyond two years after this amendment takes effect.
SHALL THE PROPOSED AMENDMENT TO THE CONSTITUTION OF THE STATE OF OHIO, DECLARING UNLAWFUL ANY CONTRACTS AND PRACTICES OF EMPLOYERS AND LABOR ORGANIZATIONS WHEREBY MEMBERSHIP OR NONMEMBERSHIP IN A LABOR ORGANIZATION, OR PAYMENT OR NONPAYMENT OF MONEY TO SUCH AN ORGANIZATION IS MADE A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT OR CONTINUED EMPLOYMENT, BUT SAVING FOR NOT MORE THAN TWO YEARS CONDUCT PURSUANT TO A WRITTEN AGREEMENT MADE BEFORE THE EFFECTIVE DATE OF THE AMENDMENT, BE ADOPTED? 
- Ohio 1958 ballot measures
- 1958 ballot measures
- List of Ohio ballot measures
- List of ballot measures by year
- List of ballot measures by state
- Ohio Secretary of State, "1950-1959 Official Election Results," accessed July 22, 2013
- Ohio Secretary of State, "A History of Statewide Issue Votes in Ohio," November 1, 1958
- Hamilton Daily News Journal, "Sample Ballots for General Election," November 1, 1958
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Ohio
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Superintendent of Industrial Compliance and Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |